“Whenever my wife and I need a service at our home – a plumber, landscaper, or even a medical professional – we always first look on www.miamishores.com so we can support our local business people, and they always show up! We’ve had great results, especially with Lasseter Plumbing.”
Steven W. Zelkowitz
Gray | Robinson
We are grateful for your interest in membership with the Greater Miami Shores Chamber of Commerce. We are a business advocacy organization that represents our member companies and attempts to help them increase their business through referrals, education, and other marketing activities.
The Chamber was founded in 1949, and we currently have over 300 member businesses. We have a small paid staff, and are overseen by a board of directors chosen from our membership. We represent Miami Shores, Biscayne park, El Portal and its nearby communities.
Membership applications are reviewed and accepted by our board of directors. Dues are payable once a year on the anniversary of your initial involvement, and are based upon the number of employees at your business. Click here to see membership dues and complete a membership application.
Key benefits of membership include:
Networking/B-B Relationship Building:
- Monthly member events featuring speakers with business and community-building themed programs. Events are a mix of breakfast, luncheon, dinner, or evening mixer formats that feature networking time and opportunities for participation.
- Annual Dinner
- Discounted exhibitor fees at Green Day, the Chamber’s Annual Miami Shores Street Fair held each October and attended by 6,000 area residents
- Complimentary listing on our Website business directory that receives an average of 1,550 visitors a month
- Subscription to our monthly magazine, the Egret, as well as the opportunity to be featured in and advertise in it. It is distributed to nearly 20,000 residents in 6,400 households and businesses throughout Miami Shores, Biscayne Park, El Portal, The Preserves Townhomes and at numerous community locations.
- Opportunity to use our flyer delivery service, where your marketing piece can be included in the bag that contains our monthly Egret magazine
- Complimentary listings in our printed annual Community Guide, which is distributed free of charge to 6,400 households and businesses in Miami Shores, Biscayne Park, El Portal, and The Preserves Townhomes and community distribution points
- Opportunity to sponsor the monthly e-newsletter to our membership and community members (1,300 email addresses with a nearly 40% average open rate)
- Advertising banner opportunities on our Website
- Mailing labels of your fellow members available for purchase
- Click here for marketing opportunity pricing and more details
Referrals & Advocacy:
- Business referrals from the Chamber
- Advocacy, lobbying, and representation with local, regional, and state government on your behalf
- Free notary service
- Export document certification available
- FAX services available
- Chamber members are invited to make an optional non-tax deductible donation to the Chamber’s Scholarship program, which supports a partial college scholarship for a senior at Doctors Charter School (DCS).